We finally have proper benches in front of Wolf's windows, come by and test them! They're coming in handy for all our new lunch guests who are enjoying Machiko's wonderful Japanese dishes. Come by every weekday between 12 and 3pm (and find this week's menu here)!
Athina Rachel Tsangari was here for a film talk with Ulrich Köhler last night and our wolf den was bursting at the seams with what felt like half of Berlin's film making scene which made us very happy.
Julian Radlmaier was there as well for an impromptu film talk with film students and will be back tonight for a double bill of his EIN PROLETARISCHES WINTERMÄRCHEN and SELF-CRITICISM OF A BOURGEOIS DOG.
And finally we are expecting a hotly anticipated visitor: novelist and filmmaker Helene Hegemann is going to present AXOLOTL OVERKILL on 27. June - a film that took Sundance by storm and a truly crazy, unexpected film adaptation that's not to be missed.
New this week for kids is the film HILFE, MEIN LEHRER IST EIN FROSCH (in the German version) and for everyone else there's LIFE, ANIMATED (English with German subtitles) and the Neukölln documentary ACT! WER BIN ICH (in German).
See you soon & Awooooo
Wolf Kinoprogramm 22.-28. June
- ACT! - WER BIN ICH? (OV): daily 16:20 and (except Tue) 20:30h
- LIFE, ANIMATED (OmU): Thu- Mon, Wed 14:20 Uhr / Tue 14:40h and daily 20:30h
- SELBSTKRITIK EINES BÜRGERLICHEN HUNDES (OmEU - English subtitles): daily 14:20h, Thu 18:00h, Fri - Wed18:20h, Thu - Mon, Wed 22:20h / Tue 22:40
- JAHRHUNDERTFRAUEN (OmU): Thu - Mon, Wed 12:00h / Tue 12:30 Uhr and daily at 18:20h
- HOLY MOUNTAIN (OmEU): daily 22:30h
- CHIHIROS REISE INS ZAUBERLAND (D): daily 12:00h
- Helene Hegemann zu Gast im Wolf: AXOLOTL OVERKILL (OmEU): Tue 20:20h
- Maike Plath Q&A: ACT! - WER BIN ICH? (OV): Thu 20:00h
- HILFE, UNSER LEHRER IST EIN FROSCH! (DF): daily 16:20h
- Baby Wolfgang presents CHIHIROS REISE INS ZAUBERLAND (Spirited Away) (German version): Tuesday 10:30h
AXOLOTL OVERKILL by Helene Hegemann, impressive, provocative signature, from 29th June.
DER TOD DES LUDWIG XIV. a visual feast and unforgettable portrait of the Sun King by the singular director Albert Serra from 29th June. On 2nd July we have the pleasure to welcome the director in person with thanks to Grandfilm!
MY HAPPY FAMILY by Nana Ekvtimishvili und Simon Groß - "...masterful presentations of family as an overwhelming experience." (RogerEbert.com) from 13th July.
DER ORNITHOLOGE (O ORNITÓLOGO) by João Pedro Rodrigues, also from July 13. „Calling to mind the best of Luis Buñuel and Apichatpong Weerasethakul, The Ornithologist adopts a dream logic that never begs for decoding, a sensuous engagement with the world that asks only to be experienced.“ (Film Comment), "Mind-blowing in the best possible way" (IndieWire)