Oh hullo Wolves, in Cannes in Berlin or anywhere!
After an eventful week with workshops, film talks, readings, triple bill and brunch the early summer weather is reaching out to us and we offer a minimally more relaxed cinema week as of this Thursday. We can't wait to share KOMMUNION with you. It's a film we recently showed once during filmPOLSKA and it won the main award. We're delighted to bring this film back for a whole week, every day. We continue showing the crucial must-see Studio Ghibli TOTORO and the makers of the lyrical, humble and light footed THE DANCER are visiting us (see cover photo above). Kaurimäki's most recent THE OTHER SIDE OF HOPE is featuring in our Baby Wolfgang strand (every Tuesday for parents and babies), and if you want to catch TIGER GIRL rush to the cinema tonight!!! It's the last show for a while. See below for the full programme and we're also happy to say that from June we'll be hosting regular lunch by specially chosen cooks & pop up kitchens. More about this soon!
Daily Programme Thursday 18. - Wednesday 24. May :
- Kommunion - Komunia (OmU) by Anna Zamecka: daily 16.10, Thur- Tue also at 20.30
- I Am Not Your Negro (OmU) by Raoul Peck: daily 12.00, 20.20
- Der Traumhafte Weg (OmEU) by Angela Schanelec: daily 14.00, 18.30, 22.20
- Gimme Danger (OmU) by Jim Jarmusch: daily 14.10, 22.10
- Moonlight (OmU) by Barry Jenkins: dailiy 12.00, Thu-Tue also at 18.00, Wed at 17.50
- The perhaps best film by Hayao Miyazaki? Totoro: daily at 16.00
- Baby Wolfgang presents: The Other Side of Hope by Aki Kaurismäki Tue 10.30
- Le danseur - Der Tänzer (OmU) plus Q&A with directors Christine Groß & Ute Schall and their Team: Wed 20.00